BUGGER! I’ve done it again. I’ve abandoned you, my dear blog. I promise you I haven’t stopped thinking about you. I think about you daily. Seriously. I think about how much I suck at life for not giving you love. But I’m back. Giving you my sweet tender, love, and care…for now. I think the problem is that I always want to blog about something substantial. Like, a TOPIC. Not just my raves and rants, even though I have those all of the time. So here it goes. I’m changing my blog style. I am going to post more, even if it means the post is only one sentence long. Who the eff cares, right? Mmm, I feel better already.
Ok, so today, my post is going to be random things that I want to share with you from the beginning of this delightful New Year. Here it goes, in list style.
1. I’ve made lots of new friends and I love it. I have also rekindled some old friendships and it’s awesome. I really am so blessed to have a large, eclectic group of very good friends. Damnnn, I’m lucky.
2. Coachella! Have you SEEN that lineup? Omgomgomg, I am so ridiculously excited to go this year. I’m most excited for: The xx, Passion Pit, Florence & The Machine, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Yeasayer, Local Natives, The Temper Trap, White Rabbits, THOM YORKE, Julian Casablancas…ok, that’s a lot…and there are really so many more that tickle my fancy. For the complete lineup, click here: http://coachella.com/event/lineup
3. AOC wine bar! I ate there with Laura, Alex, and Ting a couple of weeks back and loved this delicious tapas-style restaurant. We even had a fun celebrity sighting (Leo D’Caprio!). If you go, please order their arroz negro with squid and saffron aioli. Holy crap, it’s like crack. Careful though, it can turn your mouth/teeth BLACK (apparently it’s the squid dye they use to color the rice black! Ya, I ain’t kidding).
4. Alberta Cross is a band I work with on both the management (Red Light Management) and label end (ATO Records). They are really starting to blow up on the indie/alt rock scene and I highly suggest you check them out. They recently played a John Varvatos Grammy Party that I got to go to (‘twas pretty awesome), and they absolutely mesmerized their audience, which consisted entirely of famous people. Pretty sweet. John Varvatos has taken a huge liking to the band and even used their entire record from start to finish for his Fall/Winter fashion show in Milan. Baller. Check it out below.
5. “Cosmic Love” by Florence & The Machine. Love it to pieces. Enjoy.
Alright, that’s it for today. Stay tuned for more frequent updates!