Current favorite tracks from each artist below. I know, I know, I’m like Santa!
“Into the Mirror,” Minus the Bear (this one is soooo sexy, I love it)
“Citizen,” Broken Bells
“Promises,” The Morning Benders
3. I am in love with NYC. I visited some friends there a few weeks ago and had the BEST. TIME. EVER. I want to move there. For serious.
Yes, this is a REAL picture I took.
4. I am going to Vegas THREE times in the next 5 weeks. Yes, I am insanely crazy. Pray for me. PS if you don’t remember how I normally experience Vegas, refresh your memory here. Now REALLY pray for me.
5. I saw Two Door Cinema Club perform at Bardot and they rocked my socks off. 6. I went to a Brown Bag Party recently and it was a TRIP. Don’t know what that is? Well, I have two words for you–sex toys. Yowza!
7. I really am digging the two new albums from The National and The Black Keys. I highly suggest you download both of them ASAP and prepare for eargasms. Also check out The Black Keys’ “Tighten Up” music video. It is extremely cute and silly and you can see it here.
8. Lastly, I am thoroughly enjoying the new Local Natives video for “World News.” It’s just a little bundle of joy, (mind you, I don’t totally get it, but it still has very warm & fuzzy vibes). View it below.
Sorry about this seemingly random and disjointed post. I’ll be back with something more substantial soon enough. But for now, I give you just a ‘lil taste of me life. Laterz.
There are a few things that are really making me smile at the moment. The first thing is Hot Chip’s new music video for “I Feel Better”. These dudes have succeeded in making another hilarious music video that you cannot help but laugh out loud too. It is ridiculous without being cheesy, and they manage to gain cool points despite the utter absurdity of this video. Check it out below and SMILE. :)
Second, is the SUNLIGHT! I absolutely LOVE how it is still light outside when I leave the office. It genuinely makes me feel happier and puts me in better spirits. Mmm, I love you, Mr. Sun (yes, that’s his name). Here’s a super awesome song that is basically an ode to Mr. Sun that makes me smile too. It’s called “Sun Hands”, by Local Natives, (who are ridiculously amazing btdubs. My company manages them now and I may or may not have had a little something to do with that, holla!)
Third thing is Huckleberry restaurant in Santa Monica. Some friends and I brunched there this Saturday morning and absolutely loved the place, (plus it was on our list of LA restaurants we wanted to try so we were super excited to check it off). First of all, they have the most ATTRACTIVE staff ever. Like, did they only hire hotties? Because wow, hotties left and right at that place. But, that’s not really why I loved Huckleberry, although it was a delightful plus. It was definitely the delicious food that won all of us over. I had the fried egg sandwich, which consisted of fried egg, (obvi), gruyere cheese, (my fave), applewood smoked bacon, and arugula on toasted sourdough bread. It was messy, due to the egg (see below), but absolutely delicious. We topped off our meal by trying a few items from their bakery. We sampled their maple bacon biscuit, their chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies, and their sugar donut holes, all of which were sooo yummy, (and do not fear, we had absolutely no problem finishing all of those items). So moral of the Huckleberry story is, it made us smile due to its delectable fare and eye pleasing staff, and I think it will make YOU smile too.
So, I hope you’re smiling now because I know I am. And I think it’s only fitting that I end this post by saying, “smiling’s my favorite!” Thank you, Buddy the Elf, for that one.